Interagir - Environmental Education Program
The Interagir - Environmental Education Program, started in 1996, was the first systematic environmental education action carried out by the company. It was initially aimed at own employees, but in 2002 it was extended to third party companies. From the Interagir Program stemmed the idea of creating the CEA, a place where Environmental Education meetings are held and during which hundreds of environmental improvement works have been presented developed by own and third party employees and implemented in their work places aiming to continuously improve the environmental management at the company.
The space was structured based on the concept that investments in environmental control equipment and systems will only reach optimal level when backed by a strong engagement of the people; the main goal of the Interagir Program is to promote a change of behaviour and attitude regarding environmental issues related to the activities of the company.
Having an innovative content the Interagir Program is developed in training modules carried out in the CEA.
- AGIR MODULE - a training module in which the participants are encouraged to think about each one of their activities and their possible impacts on the environment. The main goal is to show how each participant is going to put in practice the concepts of sustainability, fostering actions.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MODULE - a training module in which the employees of the administrative area are encouraged to adopt attitudes of commitment to the improvement of environmental quality inside and outside company's premises.
- INTERAGIR MODULE for managers - in this module the results obtained in environmental performance are announced in order to create conditions to establish new targets and implement new projects. It is carried out at the end of each year with the participation of all company managers.
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER MODULE - having a more technical approach this module is aimed at encouraging supervisors to be more committed to the development of projects and actions for environmental improvement. In this module the participants develop deeper knowledge of the company's Environment Management System (EMS) and international regulations such as ISO 14000, among others.
- INTERAGIR MODULE for supervisors - aimed at the first leadership and management level of the company. Its content emphasizes the role of each supervisor as an environmental manager of its own team and of the activities developed in their work places. The dissemination of concepts and the adoption of correct environmental practices reinforce their responsibility for adopting a pro-active attitude and committing to ArcelorMittal Tubarão environmental management.
- INTERAGIR MODULE for partner companies II - works with complementary themes such as: environmental policy, environmental aspects and impacts, management results and the use of the EMS in the workplaces.
- INTERAGIR MODULE for partner companies I - makes it possible to multiply company values to partner companies leading them to structure their own environment management actions.