ArcelorMittal Tubarão, a part of the ArcelorMittal Group, operates in the internal and external markets producing semi-. nished and rolled steel products, with the advantage of having multiple applications for the improvement of people’s quality of life, good environmental performance and superior recycling capacity. The company has among its values the respect for the environment and the sustainable development. Its strategy takes into consideration the technological development, the stakeholders’ expectations, and the search for improvements that minimize the impacts of its operation in order to contribute to a sustainable society. Its Environmental Management System (EMS) in line with ArcelorMittal Environmental Policy and ISO 14001 certi. cation follows this strategy.
Everyone - Top Management, Management and Employees - takes up
the following commitments:
- To develop actions that ensure the compliance with the legislation and other environmental commitments subscribed by the company;
- To search for continuous improvement and pollution prevention;
- To keep an open dialogue with all the stakeholders anticipating and promptly responding to their requests regarding environmental issues;
- To encourage educational initiatives that value environmental awareness of the surrounding communities;
- To develop environmental education programs encouraging own and third parties’ employees to perform their activities and services taking into consideration the environmental aspects in order to prevent possible environmental impacts;
- To adopt proper management practices to effi ciently use natural resources and energy; to reduce atmospheric and liquid ef. uent emissions and waste generation; and to foster the recycling and trade of co-products;
- To previously assess the environmental impact of its activities, products and services, as well as new enterprises and changes;
- To identify, report and treat anomalies that may bring environmental impacts;
- To make known to products and services suppliers, third party units in the company and co-products clients the principles, procedures and requirements of the EMS to be complied with;
- To establish environmental objectives and targets associated with signifi cant environmental aspects taking legal compliance, technological options and . nancial requirements into consideration.
- To develop technically and economically viable actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Benjamin M. Baptista Filho
Flat Carbon South America CEO